MATERIALS for JEWELRY MAKING AND CRAFT ARTICLES
Jewellery and the many components in jewelry-making can be from a whole wide range of materials - some of them surprising, unexpected, and dramatic.
The most common jewelry materials, especially for use in manufacturing jewelry findings and chains are metals. They can be base metals or precious metals.
Jewelry materials used in the creative process of jewelry making can come loaded with cultural meaning - from gold, leather, sterling silver - they can share of sense of what is considered desirable, luxurious, posh, and chic.
There are also many innovative and interesting techniques that are used with any number of jewelry materials to produce fantastic items that are a class of their own, like Enamel jewelry components, dichoric beads, vermeil gold, and much more.
Recent blog posts
- Terminology and Newbies
- Wire and Chainmaille - a newbie's journey
- Paloma Picasso
- Tobie Giddio
- How to Promote My Etsy Store
- socexchange.com.au - the new Aussie alternative to Ebay
- Etsy, ArtFire, MadeIt ~ Where to sell?
- Felting Yarn from lobbybird
- Felting Yarn from 7632elaine
- My first Nepalese Sari Silk Yarn