Handmade Beaded Crosses
Large beaded crosses in capture-weave (CC54)
A bunch of large beaded crosses done in some kind of beading weave. (Am calling it "capture weave" for now till I learn otherwise.) Each (round) bead is beaded around and then joined together. Joints are further strengthened.
Here for the larger beads I have used wooden and faceted crystal beads. And the smaller beads are either tiny metal spacer beads (2mm) or seed beads (size 15).
The technique was from "Beads Style: Cool 2" (Japanese beading book) - published by Mook.
Totally Unique:All my designs are one-offs as often I cannot repeat the process because the ideas and the materials come together much of their own volition than of deliberate planning. So you can always be assured of detailed and unique creations.
Happy Thoughts: All ClearlyChosen Handmades are made with tons of love and happy thoughts with the belief that these will go into the world, secure in the safety and confidence of getting more of the same and being able to share that with its rightful owner.
Round neck length: 49 cm / 19 inch
Weight (nett): 85 g
If not sold, most of the time, my works can be found directly from us at ClearlyChosen Handmades or from:
Addendum - more crosses
This next cross is beaded in the same style but proved to be very troublesome indeed. Made with more expensive materials and solely Swarovski bicones (I wanted to see how much of a bling-difference it would make by using Swarovski).
I cannot honestly say that the Swarovski crystals in this design made too much of a difference - even visually testing it under different lighting conditions. The Swarovski crystals were red bicones (garnet crystal I think) and clear Crystals - 4mm bicones.
The red large beads are imitation pearls - 14mm (very good quality faux pearls). And the black center is a 14m round facet crystal beads in Jet AB.
This cross was intended to be hung at a slant. However when it was completed, it's body proved too soft and flexible. When hanging at slant, the lower section of the cross bends downwards so much so that it no longer looks like a cross. A real bummer. Now I have to unpick it all over again :(
Below is a close up of the side beading.
Recent blog posts
- Terminology and Newbies
- Wire and Chainmaille - a newbie's journey
- Paloma Picasso
- Tobie Giddio
- How to Promote My Etsy Store
- socexchange.com.au - the new Aussie alternative to Ebay
- Etsy, ArtFire, MadeIt ~ Where to sell?
- Felting Yarn from lobbybird
- Felting Yarn from 7632elaine
- My first Nepalese Sari Silk Yarn
- MY GALLERY
- Felting Gallery
- Jewlery Gallery
- bracelet - Almost Bridal
- bracelet - Blues Coral
- bracelet - Chainmail Euro 4-1 & Byzantine
- bracelet - Golden Crackles Eternity Bangle
- bracelet - Green Brass - Eternity Bracelet
- bracelet - Leaf Me Charmed - eternity bracelet
- bracelet - Lush Berry Eternity Bangle
- bracelet - Nature of Christmas Eternity Bangle
- bracelet - Natures Wood - Eternity Bracelet
- bracelet - Raspberry Pearls Eternity Bangles
- bracelet - Shocking Colours - Eternity Bangle
- bracelet - Silver Look Swarovski
- bracelet - Swarov Moonlight I
- bracelet - Swarov Moonlight II
- bracelet - Swarov Spiritual Light
- bracelet - in Capture Weave
- bracelet - retro metallica
- earrings - Swarov Moonlight
- earrings - in Capture Weave
- necklace - Acorn
- necklace - Blue Wave
- necklace - Bridal Silken Creamrose
- necklace - Cindy 2009
- necklace - Coral Rainbow
- necklace - Easy Swing Blue Lariat
- necklace - Easy Swing Gold Lariat
- necklace - Floral Gold Lariat
- necklace - Golden Ball
- necklace - Joybelle 2009 - crochet necklace
- necklace - Lava Pearl - crochet necklace
- necklace - Leaves Baubles beaded necklace
- necklace - Metallic Sheen plastics
- necklace - Silver Look Swarovski
- necklace - Swarov Moonlight
- necklace - gold freeform net
- necklace - organic freeform white
- pendant - Handmade Beaded Cross
- pendant - in Capture Weave
- set - Goth Choker Bracelet set
- set - Jewelry sets in Capture Weave
- set - Swarov Pearls & Dangles
- Miscellaneous Gallery
- Reject Gallery